Skip to main content

Playing Dress Up!

Have you ever played dress up as a kid? I tried to use my mom's lipstick and be The Joker. But I always did it in the middle of dinner. I'd excuse myself, use the restroom, then dive bomb my mom's lipstick.

Also when Evita came out, I'd pretend I was her. Mom's lipstick and all, and try to sing 'Don't cry for me Argentina.' needless to say it was ALWAYS a total disaster. (secretly, I thought I nailed it...I still do)

SO! in light of hearing I might be attending an Art Walk with my boyfriend and her mother this Saturday, I ran to my room to figure out a nice outfit for a slightly chilly day. Well is suppose to be anyway. So I present you with this!

(Please excuse no makeup or even a hairdo for that matter)




I must say i LOVE LOVE LOVE long haori's. now to copy the pattern, get plain fabric and paint on books 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Dwarf's Thoughts: Ewokian Love Poem, My Boyfriend wrote this for me.

A Dwarf's Thoughts: Ewokian Love Poem : This.. is for that certain someone who knows me at my most embarrassing dorky moments. Taken from the Epic Saga of Star Wars, all homage to ... Arandee, weechu tyethgeethin Akeeata bont azar        Tyatatee, X'iutha                 Yeek, Tal zeekee a uuta                                   Yun yim di goot                     Noot, Nub reh rehluu Kee x'ekra weechu Nude lurd jeejee Weechu jeejee ys oodeef Yun yum, chak Kee, Nub eshtee A daboolhat, lang ekla Nime nee gyesh, y nu sheeu Nub nuv weechu Eee reh rehluuu, lungee drik luka         ...

Starwars Celebrations VI in Orlando

Was a fun one this year. We bagged all kinds of swag, went into the Bounty hunt all 3 times, won awesome prizes and gained a few cuts and bruises. Ouch. Saturday was dress up day so I did my kimono, and my BF surprised me with a kilt. First set: Me and Boyfriend having tons of fun Second set: Oddball costumes that make you go Huh? Third Set: The awesome The final haul TY Starwars Celebrations and Reedpop for the excellent memories and adventures. We're already planning next events. P.S. Please keep it in Orlando, Fl.  Uploading the entire experience on my Flickr

The purple Kimono came in!!!

This is one different from my others. It has tucks at the shoulders, the arms holes are smaller and the hand holes. Its shorter on my body too. making me think this was meant for a much younger girl then me......BUT I DONT CARE ITS GORGEOUS! Like I posted earlier, I was gonna team it up with my taisho-esque obi. and in my opinion it works! I have a pink haneri hiding somewhere that I will add to this. And there's a slight sexy subtle aspect about this kimono. the 'white' leaves in the wisteria is actually pink only by the red of the lining showing through the transparentness of it. whoever thought of that was a genius! having a pattern on my deriere seems a little risque Obi is a bit crumpled, I smoothed it after I took this shot You can see a smidgen of a tuck on my shoulder the haori I chose to wear to calm it down One more shot, with a better view of the tuck The yellow leaves is actually gold foil, and the obi has golden embroidery on it at ...